Saturday, October 29, 2011

Why do so many people in this Country have inadequate health coverage or none at all?

As health arena worker and a family physician for over 60 years, I was always concerned about the fact that so many people in this Country have inadequate health coverage or none at all.

It certainly influenced how I practiced medicine. I saw to it that everyone who enter my medical office door received the treatment that the needed or was sent to an appropriate facility where they could receive it. If necessary, I would take care of their immediate needs until they could get a to free clinic or a hospital. When they were unable to pay my fee, I cancelled it. Never-the-less, I always made a very comfortable living. I believe that many of my colleagues practiced the way I did.

As a doctor, i've always been treated with great respect. I realize that I was fortunate to receive an excellent education and degrees at the five highly regarded universities that I attended. It was hard work and dedication, but worth it. I'm proud of my Country that made it possible for a poor boy from a poor family to do this and I consider what I did as a medical doctor to be pay back. Now that I'm retired from active practice, I continue to be involved in the medical arena whenever I can be of value.

I sincerely believe that at least 95% of our society are good people who wish the best for our fellow humans. Unfortunately I'm convinced that greedy, self centered people own this Country. I'm now 85 years old. I won't be alive to see our people take our Country back, but I hope that it will happen soon.

Melvin H Kirschner, BA BS MPH MD
Author of: All Medicines Are Poison!

No comments:

Post a Comment